BIG NEWS! The 11th annual Walk-N-Roll for Spina Bifida is going virtual due to ongoing concern over the COVID-19 pandemic. We are asking you to participate in your own community, raising awareness, celebrating our unique differences and fundraising for a cause!
The annual Walk-N-Roll is a non-competitive, one-mile walk/roll event for individuals of all ages and abilities. Families and friends come together each year at this “Christmas in July” event to support and celebrate the Spina Bifida community.
How to participate in our 2020 virtual event:
- Register your team. (REGISTER HERE)
- Start fundraising.
- Sign-up to be featured on our Facebook page from 9am-11am on 7/25. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign-up.
- Dress up for our theme: “Christmas in July.”
- On July 25th, between 9am-12 noon, complete at least a one-mile walk/roll with your team members, either together or separately.
- Make a special contribution to SBAWS during our ONLINE GIVING HOUR, between 11am-12 noon on Walk day! (DONATE HERE)
- When you’re done, email your team members’ names, photos and general route description to email@example.com.
An awards presentation will be held from 1pm-3pm on the Spina Bifida Advocates of Washington State Facebook page via FB LIVE!
Awards will be announced in the following categories:
- Best COVID-19 Mask
- Youngest & oldest participants
- Most money raised by 12 Noon on 7/25
- Most individual donors
- Most creative wheelchair decorations
- Best Facebook Walk-N-Roll Team Video
- Most creative team photo
- Most “Christmas in July” toys collected
We will also be accepting toy donations for the following age groups:
Boys & Girls 0-2